7.25.2006

Cry for me

This is the post wherin you will all cry for me.  OK, that was sarcastic.  I have a ‘vacation’ scheduled for next week.  The Madison thing is off, mainly because I never followed up on it, but partly because it was a lesser of two evils solution; the two evils being Madison or staying at home.
The other reason is because I started working on the basement, or as I may call it “the future home of the family entertainment center and extravaganza.”  I went through my old stuff, and got rid of 90% of it.  It is amazing how many action figures I had.  Spiderman, Hulk, Planet of the Apes.  I kept my Ash bobblehead, but that’s it.  I took down some tables, and re-organized.  It is stunning how much better that place can look with a little effort.

My goal for this vacation is to finish cleaning up all the bs in the basement and to get it painted.  DW visited our neighbor’s basement, and was impressed.  As we were going to bed, she handed me the ad from the Sunday paper with HDTVs and said ‘you know, I could notice a difference in the picture on their TV.”  So I think I’m in.  Now it’s just details.

Until the end of vacation, I am going to be very busy.  This week is preparing for my absence.  And I have to go to a vendor’s event at the horse track on Thursday.   On top of that, I had to cancel one day of my vacation next week for work….for the company event at the horse track.  But don’t worry, I took off the following Monday, so it all worked out.  On 7/31, my buddy and I are going to Bears training camp.  And inbetween all of this we have a Cradle picnic and DearWife wants to have family fun days (Great America, water park, museum, zoo, etc).  So I think I’m going to need vacation day after my vacation.  

6 comments:

Kelsgarden said...

I am seeing some parallels here . . . purging, television purchase, DWs noticing HDTV picture clarity . . .

sounds like an evil plot

I read that article about creating a "man's room" . . .

as you can see we both have you exactly wwhere we want you {evil cackle}

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Phase I!!

Muskyboy said...

Some say action figures some say dolls.

Woodchuck said...

I'm going down next week after I get back from Plymouth, MI. to start the ball rolling on a new system. 37" Plasma HDTV with 7.1 surround sound.

Small room, anything larger than 37" is lost and I would have to cut a hole in the wall to sit far enough back from the screen.

Anonymous said...

I am CRYING FOR YOU because you have no time for your blog!!!!

Kelsgarden said...

uh, yeah - I'm with MIL - dude, I moved you to "weekly check ins" on my favorites list . . . that's like demoted

'course you're there with Woodchuck . . . but he at least calls and says "did ya read my blog, did ya read my blog" so I know to go check ;)