- Little Brother can't say yes or no. He says "MA!" for no. His yes is the sound you make after taking your first drink of coffee on a cold morning "Aaah."
- We have to hide the fruit under kitchen towels. If we don't Little Brother will work himself into a lather asking for bananas. He has never (never) turned down a banana. He's eaten 3 or 4 at once.
- BigBrother knows what the uvula is. Although at first I told him it was called the epiglottis.
- BigBrother knows his favorite photographer at Picture People by name.
- LittleBrother loves reading books. But he only reads 2 pages in each book before getting bored and throwing it.
- Tonight as we were putting the kids to bed, there was a picture of a duck. BigBrother started talking about this incident from last summer. He remembered it all this time later. Not bad for a 3 year old.
- I like to misread books to Big Brother. If he's heard the book once before (even months earlier), he usually gets mildy annoyed and promptly corrects me. DearWife's reaction is very similar.
- BigBrother is completely motivated by being first. You want him upstairs? "I'm going upstairs and I'm going to win." BB: "NO NO, I win first, I win first."
But anyway, MIL wrote a story about the Titanic, and included pictures she downloaded. While she was at it, she wrote versions of another near ship wreck in Canada, and a Tex Avery-ish version of Little Red Riding Hood. And as of now, they are by far, his favorite books.
I'm not sure if BigBrother will remember those stories forever. But I will.