So, to no one in particular, here are some beefs I have with Twitter.
- When you follow someone, you can't tell them why. I follow all kinds of people that I don't personally know. They see my sign up and have no clue why I'm following. You should be able to send a one time direct message to them so they know who you are.
- I'm irrationally annoyed at spammers. I have followers who are clearly just trying to make money without adding anything of value (the ultimate site for cat stuff?).
- The conversations are not threaded. There is an attempt at this via Quotably but it's not good enough. I want to be able to click on a single button in my Twitter client and see the entire back and forth conversation. That's just not possible now. Today I made several comments, and at one point someone responded to one of them. I have no idea which one.
- I'd like communities available. This may make no sense to anyone but me. But I follow people because they are bloggers or SEOs or web-ebrities. But they're fairly distinct. I would like groups available that people can subscribe to and easily see and communicate with other memberships.
- Integrate with Facebook. I would love to automatically follow my Facebook friends and have them follow me.
- Don't like the fact that I can't easily put my Twitter ID AND my blog URL in comments. I may be the only person who thinks like this. But they are different entities, and I don't think I should have to choose one or the other.
- Also, if you sign up make SURE you track your own ID. That's the only way you'll see if people you aren't following are trying to communicate with you.