7.24.2008

Damn that Frankie Valli

Whilst in Vegas (or the land of 3" heels and cleavage as I like to call it), we went to see Jersey Boys. For the record, I hate musicals as a rule. "Cats," "Les Mis" I just don't get it. I want some sort of, oh, I don't know PLOT. Most musicals are an excuse to string together broadway tunes with a barebones, yet highly melodramatic outline.

But I had hope for Jersey Boys. It was about a real group, real people. And it had non-broadway music. Let me just tell you, I fucking loved Jersey Boys. Fantastic. The only problem is that I can't stop singing "Rag Doll" or "Dawn" or "Bye bye baby baby goodbye" or half a dozen other songs in my head.

If you get the chance go see it.

Note: As we were leaving, an older gentleman was talking to his wife about the show. He LOVED it. The music was great, the story, etc. Then she said "Oh Stan would love this music." He said "DO NOT let him buy it. I'll just burn the CD."

Nothing like showing your appreciation of an artist by stealing their music. I'm off to listen to my Four Seasons station on Pandora.