10.22.2008

Cone of Silence

As happens from time to time, life catches up with me. The schedule between longish days at work, the commute and getting some rough-housing time with the older boys, and face time with the baby, is just hectic.

So I haven't been blogging at all. Which is a little disappointing, because it's sort of a reflection on why I started blogging. That is, I didn't want to miss the little stuff. And I have been. No longer.

Yesterday, LittleBrother spontaneously drew a picture of a heart, a picture of me, and 'mis' because he misses me when I'm at work. Incredibly heart warming. I do spend a lot of time out of the house because of work, but at the same time, it's not like I'm gone for the entire day. I'll get home for a couple hours before they need to be in bed.

At the same time, I do feel like I'm being cheated a little bit. Cheated of time when they're truly innocent. Am I projecting? For those of you who work outside the house, do your kids talk about missing you when you're at work?